Thanks for using the MamaBear App. We’ve put together a step-by-step guide to help you get started. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Add your children and any other guardians to your account in the settings area.
2. CONNECT WITH YOUR FAMILY.
Once your added family members have installed MamaBear, they’ll simply need to log in using their phone number and the family password you created.
Share your password and give your kids a hand if they need help installing MamaBear on their phone.
You can resend the login link when you see that you’re child hasn’t logged in for the first time or if their map location is old. Go to your child’s profile settings page and tap “resend login link.”
3. REVIEW YOUR CHILD’S DEVICE SETTINGS.
Your child’s smartphone needs data connectivity with these appropriate device settings:
– Location services “on”
– Background refresh “on” (for iphones)
– Make sure wifi is “on.” Even if not connected, having wifi on helps the device’s location services.
– The device also needs to be powered on to share updated location information.
Connect your child’s Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, YourTube and/or Facebook accounts in the settings area of MamaBear.
Once your connected:
– Customize a word list to monitor on all connected social accounts by tapping “restricted words.” Check out these acronyms you may want to add to the list.
– Notifications for new Instagram and Twitter followers are sent every few hours except during overnight hours.
– Notifications for Instagram photos liked and Tumblr blog posts liked are sent every few hours except during overnight hours.
– YouTube video viewing history notifications are associated only to the account monitored, from any device. Your child must be logged in to their YouTube when viewing videos for MamaBear to supervise.
5. SET UP TEXT MESSAGE MONITORING.
If your child is using an Android device you can now review all of their incoming and outgoing text messages. Mom and Dad can use any phone, iPhone or Android. Go to your child’s profile settings and tap “text alerts”. Then tap “Turn On” in the top right hand corner.
6. SET UP SAFE PLACES.
Add places like home or school in the settings area of each child to receive notification when they arrive or leave. Adjust the size of the boundary to fit the location in the safe place settings to prevent “bouncing” or inaccurate departures.
7. REVIEW THE DRIVING SPEED DEFAULT.
The default setting for driving speed notifications is 55 MPH. You’ll receive notification if your child rides or drives over that limit once per hour.
8. SHARE THE GIFT OF FAMILY SAFETY.
Earn free premium subscription when you share MamaBear with your friends using the Bear2Bear referral program. Tap the top left menu and tap “share” to choose among text, email or social apps to share your custom referral link. As soon as your friends register, they receive a free premium subscription period and so do you! Learn more about Bear2Bear.