Summer is here and the 4th of July is just around the corner. Even though it is on a Wednesday this year, it does not mean that your family will have any less fun, food, and celebration. We have some ideas to help you celebrate and make this 4th of July a fun and memorable day.
A fun and easy treat to add sparkle to your 4th of July food spread
- 1 pint of Strawberries
- Wilton White Chocolate Disc Melts, White
- Assorted patriotic colored sprinkles, confetti, blue or red crystals, edible glitter, stars, etc
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white candy discs for 30-second intervals stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
2. Dip strawberries about half way up and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Let dry for 5-10 minutes.
3. Dip strawberries again about ¼ way up, then add sprinkles. Place back on the parchment paper and let dry.
Patriotic Jar Lanterns
A cute way to illuminate your holiday evening
What you will need
- Jars, Mason sized (can be saved jars from around the house like applesauce or spaghetti sauce jars)
- American Flag napkins, or small decorative flags.
- Glitter or sparkly confetti in red, white, silver and blue
- Tissue paper in red, white and blue
- Paint in red, white or blue
- Modge Podge
- battery powered tea lights
You can be creative with this and use all or just some of the supplies to create your own jar lanterns and add a personal touch.
1. If using flags or flag napkins: cut the napkin to just be the flag or remove the flags from the stick. Paint jars with a thin layer of modge podge affix flags to jar and reapply modge podge, let dry, insert tea light, and enjoy.
2. If using glitter, confetti or tissue paper: Paint jars with a thin layer of modge podge in sections, apply glitter, confetti or tissue paper in your desired pattern or design to jar and reapply modge podge, let dry, insert tea light, and enjoy.
3. If using paint: Paint the design or pattern you desire on the jar, let dry, insert tea light, and enjoy.
Blue Tarp Slip and Play
A fun and inexpensive way to beat the heat
What you will need
- Blue Tarp
- Sprinkler or just a hose
- Baby oil or baby shampoo
- Pool floats or innertubes (Optional)
1. Layout tarp in the yard.
2. Add water (with just a hose or continuously with a sprinkler)
3. To add some extra slip to your tarp, add a little baby oil or shampoo
4. Let the kids loose and enjoy