Apple recently introduced iOS 7, the newest version of the iphone operating system. The new operating system features a redesigned user interface and several functionality improvements.
MamaBear family members using an Apple iPhone upgraded to iOS 7, especially iphone 4 and 4s users, may have noticed a change with location updates. Although there are many great new features to iOS 7, there are new settings to be aware of affecting location service apps.
The October 23 app upgrade to MamaBear included better iOS 7 compatibility and we continue to work on other improvements, especially the ability to update location more often using iOS 7.
In the meanwhile, there are some proactive steps you can take to get back on track with location monitoring. These industry articles expand on the lag iphone 4 and 4s may have on iOS 7: readwrite.com and USA Today.
Please review these settings on your child’s iPhone
1. Be sure “Location Services” is on by reviewing Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
2. Be sure background app refresh is on for MamaBear by going to Settings > General > Background App refresh. We won’t be able to update your child’s location if this is turned off.
3. Ask your child to keep MamaBear running in the background. If your child swipes MamaBear up by double clicking the phone’s home button, it will close the app and not allow us to monitor location in iOS 7.
4. If your child is auto-updating apps, be sure they are logged in to MamaBear after they update any new releases from MamaBear.
5. Set up safe places in MamaBear! Entering programmed places helps the app run in the background, not to mention keeps you updated!
Following these steps will help MamaBear work more efficiently on your child’s phone if they are now using Apple’s new iPhone operating system.
We’ll gladly answer any of your concerns by getting in touch with us at info@localhost. Stay in touch!